Thursday 25 August 2011


Love, what's it good for or you can't hurry love...

Being 32 now I can look back on my teenage years and wonder what they were all about like most people, but at that time with hormones flying around its difficult, very difficult... At school is almost a hotbed bed for feelings being so close to people every day for five years, its easy to develop crushes and friendships. Even more so to gain enemies as well, though I will admit I had my crushes too...

Through that time I found that nerds were cool and blondes were something that made me smile, but it was something of the time really. Television was an influence and you can't say that you've ever looked at television and thought she or he looks nice... My first crush was on Mel Gideroyc, maybe I watched too many Light Lunches, but she was funny and I thought she was nice looking.

"I deny any knowledge of this!"

There you go, I've got it out in the open now but ask yourself, when look at Charlie's Angels or such I'm sure you'll think 'Yeah, she or he looks ok..' But isn't television like a picture to look at, I'm sure people would have looked at the Mona Lisa and though isn't she pretty? Some people might see it as window dressing, beyond that though it does serve a purpose in which a good sexual chemistry bring to a show like a brother/sister relationship or even niece and uncle.

Land of leather...

Overtime there have been so many combinations of this, such as Frank Bough and Selina Scott on Breakfast Time or Anne Diamond and Nick Owen on TV-AM. In the wheat from the chaff, its about believing that something might be going. For example when Adrian Chiles split from his wife, the nation was a-buzz with rumour that he was doing more then presenting with Christine Bleakey. Though we know that to be untrue now as Christine is marrying Frank Lampard, but the idea was still there. Showing closeness on sofa seems to be a good thing for the television executives, but there have been examples where it has lead to love and marriage.

Of course Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan turned it into an art by co-hosting 'This Morning' but also 'Nationwide' stalwart Michael Barratt married his co-presenter Dilys Morgan in 1977. But showing the power of this I believed at young age seeing Fred Dinenage and Fern Britton were married because of the chemistry, but this shows get the right people can make your show seem even better.



"Now, say that about my Lamps now!"


Now Adrian and Christine, got back onto the screens, switched to ITV and went to breakfast. But get a show wrong and it can seem that the format is king no matter how chummy the presenters are. Yes, the programme recover but it takes time. People aren't satisfied if they can't feel almost the love coming thorough the screen, but maybe it might need a date to get back on track...



No comments:

Post a Comment